22 November, 2009




Green bottles wink at the shy streetlights.
Lipstick smiles stretch across innocent bed sheets.
Shattering glass
 dizzy in circles across a blank street.
I walk and catch the soft flickering of a cat's tail
languid electric is in the night air.
I sniff the excitement pouring out of windows
and the jumping of curtains
from whiffs of night smoke.
The red lights on the bums of cars glint and scar my eyes.
But I am happy in this sprouting glitter of the dark streets.
My heart morphs into an uncontrollable hose.
walking and catching a stare from a scruffy cat.
purring at the intimidating rubbish tips.

It's the monsoon season
there's lightning in the sky.
switch off our televisions and computers
and we are silent 
in the midst of dark wood and dark dreams. 
 surrounded by a serenade of smiles
lulling me
into tinkling freedom.


No comments: